What We Do
DRUG FREE MOORE COUNTY:
- Provides educational information for parents, teachers and community citizens through the SODA Project (prevention and awareness) and THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM project.
- Conducts women’s recovery program Tuesdays in the Moore County Detention Center.
- Established The Run For Recovery as a fundraiser and awareness run.
- Organized Second Saturday support group for families dealing with addiction. Meets the second Saturday of the month at
- Printed Moore County informational resource booklets.
- Provided support to local treatment providers as needed.
- Created Moore ReCreations a community recovery center in Carthage.
PeerSupport Specialist Program
To be a positive influence in preventing and combatting substance use disorder in Moore County, North Carolina by increasing awareness, disseminating information, and garnering community support towards healthy choices and recovery.
October 19th 2019 - Run for Recovery
The Run for Recovery is a 5K trail run/walk that celebrates those who are living in recovery from drug & alcohol addiction and helps to raise awareness of the obstacles that stand in the way of recovery. Proceeds will support drug prevention, treatment, and recovery work in Moore County.
Advance Tickets – $15
Tickets Purchased the Day of Event/At the Gate – $20 (Cash Only)