What We Do
DRUG FREE MOORE COUNTY:
- Provides educational information for parents, teachers and community citizens through the SODA Project (prevention and awareness) and THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM project.
- Conducts women’s recovery program Tuesdays in the Moore County Detention Center.
- Established The Run For Recovery as a fundraiser and awareness run.
- Organized Second Saturday support group for families dealing with addiction. Meets the second Saturday of the month at
- Printed Moore County informational resource booklets.
- Provided support to local treatment providers as needed.
- Created Moore ReCreations a community recovery center in Carthage.
PeerSupport Specialist Program
To be a positive influence in preventing and combatting substance use disorder in Moore County, North Carolina by increasing awareness, disseminating information, and garnering community support towards healthy choices and recovery.
September 28th thru October 16th
“A fun, safe and challenging adventure”
Drug Free Moore County, Inc. is seeking donations for The MOORE RECOVERY CHALLENGE 2020. The MRC 2020 is being held instead of our annual RUN FOR RECOVERY.
The MOORE RECOVERY CHALLENGE 2020 will be held for two weeks starting September 28 thru October 16th. October is National Recovery Month.
The purpose of the MOORE RECOVERY CHALLENGE 2020 is an opportunity to bring awareness to the community about recovery from substance use disorder/addiction.