Vision: Well-known, well-connected leader in Treatment and Recovery Support Services.
Mission: To provide evidence-based prevention education, treatment options, and recovery support services to youth and adults.
What We Do
1 out of every 5 Families are affected by Opioid Use Disorders/ Substance Use Disorders / Mental Health disorders!
Recovery costs an average of $60,750.00 per person per year!
DFMC provides support to an average of 3 crisis calls per day!!!
Drug Free Moore County provides :
- Peer Support Specialist
- Transition to Treatment Services
- Housing Options
- Treatment Options
- Recovery Support Activities
- Support for Justice Involved
Visit Moore ReCreations Recovery Center
The first Community Recovery Center in Moore County!
Barriers to Recovery:
- Need recovery/treatment programs in
upperend of Moore County.
- Need more In-house treatment programs locally.
- Need more Halfway houses for men and women in Moore County.
- Need more awareness and understanding of the disease of Addiction/Substance Use Disorder.
- Need more recovery resources for inmates who have substance abuse issues, especially as they are released.
- Need more support resource for families dealing with addiction/substance use disorder.
Support funding for Drug Free Moore County projects come through Moore County Community Foundation, the Moore County ABC board and Recovery Communities of North Carolina.
- Run For Recovery April 15 2023 8am - 11 am
- Women in Recovery Group - Every Tuesday at 10:00 AM
- DFMC Board meets 9:00 AM- 2nd Tuesday of each month @ 105 Barrett Street Carthage NC 28327
- Harm Reduction Clinic - Every Wednesday 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Men In Recovery Group - Every Thursday at 10:00 AM